Friday 23rd December 2011, Walk to Dtaat Mook Waterfall Up To Heli Pad and Optional Swim in Huay Tung Thao Afterwards
This will be a 7km round trip suitable for almost everyone, shady trail through the jungle mostly beside a stream with rapids and smaller waterfalls all the way up. A very pretty walk. Dtaat Mook waterfall is right at the top and very impressive at the moment. We will walk on up to the heli pad after going to Dtaat Mook, this involves a steep uphill stretch of around 500 m and adds an extra km to the normal Dtaat Mook walk.
Total trip will take about 3 hours, with a break for snacks at the main waterfall.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
Meeting Place – Golden Buddha Next to Huay Tung Thao Lake at 9
We will meet at the Golden Buddha, which is next to Huay Tung Thao, at 9 am.
Huay Tung Thao is 12 km out of town from the North East corner of the moat.
- Driving around the outside of the moat turn left onto Huay Kaeow Rd after the Chiang Mai Ram Hospital. This is the road running out from the NE corner of the moat.
- You will pass Central Kad Suan Kaeow after about 100 m on the left.
- Drive on through the Amari Rincomb intersection, to the Phucombe intersection. The Phucombe intersection is the second major 4 way, traffic lighted, intersection, it is 2 km from the moat.
- Turn right onto the Canal Road and keep going for 6.8 km.
- You will see a sign for the turn off for the Huay Tung Thao lake on the left. Turn left.
- Continue for 2.2 km to the lake. Pay 20 Baht per person at the toll booth.
- When you get to the lake turn left and go around the lake for another 1.1 km.
- You will see the large standing Buddha. We will meet near there. You made it!
See also map below :
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- bring a swimming costume and possibly towel if you want to take a swim in Huay Tung Thao aferwards
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour