Tuesday 25th of October 2011, Walk up Pilgrim’s Trail to Wat Palaad and Then Back Down Through Huay Kaeow Waterfall
A hike suitable for all levels of walkers with a good path nearly all the way, although the Pilgrims Trail is a little steep. The only iffy part is the top 200m of Huay Kaeow trail, where it is a bit slippery.
- Starting at Arboretum at 9am
- Walk through university grounds to start of Pilgrims Trail (30 mins)
- Walk up Pilgrims Trail to Wat Padaat (50 mins)
- Break for snack (30 mins)
- Walk down Doi Suthep road (20 mins) or flag down a songtaw and ride back (40bht)
- Walk down the Huay Kaeow Falls trail (50 mins)
- Arrive back at about 1pm
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park) we will leave at 9:00 am. Please aim to get to the arboretum a little before 9.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour