Sunday 23rd of October 2011, Circular hike from 700 years stadium to Huay Tung Taew.
This is a circular hike that starts and finishes at the south western end of the dam behind the 700th Year Stadium at an altitude of c. 340 metres. There is no serious uphill hiking and no steep descent. There are elements that can be described as: muddy, a moderate hike, easy walk and gentle stroll. Estimated time 5 – 6 hours, distance 12 – 13 kms round trip.
- meet at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium for an 08:30 am start.
- hike on a low level track towards Huay Tung Taew some ups and downs at altitudes between 335 metres and 390 metres.
- the trail takes us through some open country but mainly forest.
- On reaching the HTT reservoir we follow the track clockwise round the reservoir and stop for lunch at a restuarant on the “beach” area where those who fancy getting wet may take a dip.
- We complete the circuit round HTT by crossing the dam and following the trail that will bring us back to the starting point.
Janet and Brian
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day.
This time we will meet before 08:30 am in the car park at the South Western end of the dam behind the 700 years Stadium.
- Head straight out from the North West corner of the moat 2 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road (H.1004).
- Turn right onto the Canal Road H.121
- After 4.5 km going North turn left at traffic lights into the Stadium area.
- Keep straight for about 1 km and pass through the check point after which the road goes uphill to reach the dam.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- around 1.5-2 litres of water or more and snacks – NB: we plan to have lunch at a restaurant.
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- lots of energy, good humour and enthusiasm