Sunday 17th July 2011 – Hike to Sri Sang Wan Waterfall
This is an easy to moderate hike about 12 km. round trip, and should take no more than 4 hours, plus travel and lunch time.
We start the hike from the National Park Gate on the right hand side of the 1269 which is almost exactly 11 kms from the junction of the 121 with the 1269 (Samoeng Road) going west.
The hike takes us up from an altitude of 376m to 624 meters, a mere ascent of 248 meters. The hike route is on a dirt track, mostly exposed, so likely to be hot, but the waterfall area is very shady and beautiful, making an ideal spot to wade or swim, and to eat our lunch.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
This time we will meet at 8 a.m in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- Bring around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and lunch
- Good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant, sun screen or umbrella
- 100-150 Baht for driver’s fuel expenses if you don’t bring your own vehicle