Thursday 9th June, Walk on Pilgrim’s Trail to Wat Palaad
We will meet at 9. This is an easy 2 – 2.5 hours walk, there and back. We will walk at a sedate pace. For those who want to continue to walk the entire pilgrim’s trail all the way up the mountain to Wat Doi Suthep, we can direct you on to the easy to follow trail. Most of us will probably take a songtaew back from Wat Palaad or there is the option to walk back.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park) we will leave at 9:00 am. Please aim to get to the arboretum a little before 9.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour