Thursday 26th of May, Walk from Montathon Falls to Sai Yoi Falls
Meet at the Arboretum Car Park at 9am, drive up to the Montathon Falls Park.
Admission to the park is 20bht per person and another 40bht per car, for locals. If you can’t show a Thai driving licence you may be hit for 100 bht entrance fee.
The walk is a fairly easy there and back walk, but a little steep and should take us about 3 hours, over a total round trip of about 5km. The entire walk is very well shaded through the forest passing about 5 waterfalls. Montathon falls at the bottom is a very popular picnic area for Thais in the summer.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park) we will leave at 9:00 am. Please aim to get to the arboretum a little before 9.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
Please bring :
- around 1-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour