Sunday 15th May, 2011 – Circular Hike from Baan Mae Khi Along A Mountain Ridge
This is an about 11km circular walk through a seldom visited forest with impressive nature. We will be walking for around 4,5 hours. We will meet already at 7:45 am and leaving latest sharp 8:00 am as we have to drive from Arboretum for about an hour out of town and go up the mountain and into the forest NE of Mae Rim. Even we would judge this hike as not difficult, it requires a good fitness level.
For this nice nature hike, we will :
- We will share cars and drive out to the start of the hike on good tarmacked roads in about an hour.
- We will start at an altitude of 920m above sea level near a village called Baan Mae Khi.
- We will walk along a mountain ridge with some gentle ascents at times.
- We will come down into interesting jungle with a fairly easy path through the jungle and the nature around.
- We will pass through an area where dragon fruit are being grown.
- We will walk back along an off road car track making very good time along a wide track with little traffic.
Bring around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks. Good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant, sunblock and rain gear. If by chance it is raining heavily we will probably cancel the hike. But in the case of lighter rain and it looks like the weather might clear up we will probably go ahead with the hike and brave the rain which will at least cool us down.
Usual meeting point at Arboretum
no images were found[/caption]