Thursday 12th of May 2011, Hike from Huay Tung Thao to Dtaat Mook Waterfall
We will follow the stream from Huay Tung Thao to Dtaat Mook Waterfall. This will be a sedately paced walk of around 5 km there and back to the falls on well defined paths.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
1. Arboretum at 8:30
We will meet in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park) we will leave at 8:30 am.
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
2. Golden Buddha Next to Huay Tung Thao Lake at 9
For those who it is more convenient there will be a second meeting place the Golden Buddha next to Huay Tung Thao at 9 am. The golden buddha can be seen from a distance it is on the opposite side of the lake to the entrance.
Please bring :
- around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and sunblock
- enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour