Sunday 7th of November – Pilgrim’s Trail to Wat Palaad and Wat Doi Suthep
- Everybody :
- Walks through the CMU campus to Suthep Road.
- Takes the road behind CMU to Wat Fai Hin,
- Then goes up that side road to the Wat Palaad nature trail
- There’s some interesting sculpture and nature at the Wat, so we’ll stop there and take a break for a few minutes.
- Then you have 2 options :
- 1) An easy option: return by Songtaew to the Arboretum from Wat Palaad.
- 2) A moderately difficult option: continue up the Pilgrim’s trail to Wat Doi Suthep. Quite steep but relatively short (about 2 more hours). Then return to the Arboretum by Songtaew. There are restaurants up there, so lunch at Wat Doi Suthep is also possible.
If you want to join
Just turn up at the meeting place on the day. There is no need to let us know you are coming unless you are coming in a big group.
This time we will meet at 9 a.m in the car park of the Huay Kaeow Arboretum (also known as the exercise park).
- Head straight out from the moat 3.5 km towards Doi Suthep on Huay Kaeow Road.
- The arboretum is on the left after the front entrance to Chiang Mai University and just before the entrance to the Zoo.
- The car park of the arboretum is at the end of the park near the zoo.
See the maps below (click to enlarge them).
- Bring around 1.5-2 liters of water or more and snacks
- Good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant, sunblock and rain gear
If by chance it is raining heavily we will probably cancel the hike. But in the case of lighter rain if it looks like the weather might clear up we will probably go ahead with the hike and brave the rain which will at least cool us down. If in doubt give me a call on 0846813142 (if you call really early, say before 8am, I probably won’t answer) or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org (hike leader – Gene)