Sunday 5th of September Circular Hike from Baan Mae Khi Along A Mountain Ridge
This is a 11km circular walk through a seldom visited forest. We will be walking for around 5 hours. We will drive for an hour out of town and go up the mountain and into the forest NE of Mae Rim. This hike requires a good fitness level.
We will :
- meet at the arboretum at 8am. See map below.
- we will share cars and drive out to the start of the hike on good tarmacked roads in about an hour.
- We will start at an altitude of 920m above sea level near a village called Baan Mae Khi.
- We will walk along a mountain ridge with some gentle ascents at times.
- We will come down into interesting jungle with a fairly easy path through the jungle.
- We will pass through an area where dragon fruit are being grown.
- We will walk back along an off road car track making very good time along a wide track with little traffic.
- Good footwear etc. hat, mozzie repellant and rain gear
- Bring around 2 liters of water, food and snacks