Sunday 15th of August Hike to ‘Buddha’s foot print’
Hike to ‘Buddha’s Foot Print’ and Around to Chiang Mai University Agricultural Research Center (site B) around the back of the peak of Doi Pui.
We will meet at 8 am. We expect to walk 15 km. This is a longer hike that requires a high level of physical fitness.
- We will meet at 8 am at the Tesco Lotus Express near Chang Puak gate. See attached image below.
- We will drive by songthaew up to Ban Doi Pui the touristy Hmong Village 1270 m above sea level.
- We will start walking from Ban Doi Pui along an easy well shaded path towards Doi Pa Kha / Doi Pa Klong
- We will walk along the ridge of Doi Pa Kha which reachs 1550m with wonderful views from either side. We will stop up here for snacks.
- There is a ‘Buddha’s foot print’ near the peak here which we will pass.
- We will walk down from the other side of the ridge along an off road car track through fields and Lychee plantations for about 3 kms.
- We will walk back along a well shaded path through the forest on a level track below the Doi Pui and Doi Pa Kha / Doi Pa Klong peaks for around 6 km back to the CMU agricultural research center.
Meeting point: 8 am at the Tesco Lotus Express near Chang Puak gate. See attached image below.